Sunday, April 4, 2010

Ten Years, One Day

I've always felt that any major transition in my life to happen, there has to be something significant about the date.  I can't think of any time more significant than now.  It's been ten years and one day since I was baptized on Great and Holy Saturday of the Year of our Lord 2000.  Last Saturday was Junior Prom.  I made a new friend this past week, and I've made two confessions, one to her, and one to God.  Today is Pascha.  If there's a time for me to change as a person, it's now.

This transformation is the result of many sources of inspiration.  The most important, is God.  It's no coincidence this transition has occurred over Holy Week.  I had my first real Confession on Great and Holy Wednesday.  I got a great deal off of my chest, and it feels so good.  I only hope I can fully repent of all my transgressions.  Attending most of the Holy Week services, particularly Thursday's through Sunday's, really strengthened my resolve to be more godly.  Now my task is to stay on this straight and narrow path.

My second source of inspiration is my new friend and the coauthor of A Correspondence, who shall remain nameless for now.  She came out of nowhere, and I'm so thankful that I've had the absolute pleasure of knowing her.  There is still a feeling of wonder; she is a very close and special friend, with whom I can be completely open.  We've already discussed topics ranging from the meaning and scale of love, to shells and personas put on for other people, to the color of our bedroom walls.  It's wonderful and terrifying to have such a friend, and I'm still somewhat amazed that not only do I have her as a friend, but that I'm special enough to be the first person she is so open with.  I feel blessed.

There are others, minor as they are—the social problems and mysteries I face, dreams, those differed and those not, and wishes, both unfulfilled and granted—but they are almost all as ambiguous as the ones I have listed.  I hope to elaborate all of this going forward.

I now bring this to a close, and hope to continue this discussion with you (whoever you are) in the coming months, and hopefully, years.  Thank you for listening, and God Bless.

Sincerely,
J.F. Grant

CHRIST IS RISEN!

No comments:

Post a Comment